Postpartum Therapists in Toronto
What’s Going On?
What Postpartum Depression Feels Like?
- Sadness or “empty” feelings
- Anger or irritability
- Sleep problems – trouble falling asleep, waking up often or sleeping too much
- Feeling worthless, guilty or inadequate
- Loss of interest in activities that used to bring pleasure
- Appetite changes (eating more or less than usual)
- Difficulty bonding with your baby
- Thoughts of harming yourself or your baby
Treatment for Postpartum Depression
Postpartum depression can be effectively treated with therapy. There are several types of therapy that can be beneficial for postpartum depression.
Here are a few that have been found to be effective:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Supportive Therapy
Postpartum Therapy Plans at Get Reconnected Psychotherapy Services
- Create a safe and non-judgmental space for you to explore your feelings, thoughts and behaviours in this adjustment period.
- Find yourself in motherhood/parenthood.
- Develop healthy coping mechanisms.
- Help strengthen and/or rediscover the bond between parent and child and between partners.
Ready for Therapy?
We’ll use what we learn in our first session to make a plan that’s just for you.
For more information about our approaches, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected]