Self Esteem Therapy in Toronto
Self Esteem is how you see and feel about yourself. It’s like your inner sense of worth and value. When you have healthy self-esteem, you feel good about who you are, and you believe in your abilities. You’re not overly critical of yourself, and you can handle challenges with confidence.
It’s like having a positive and supportive relationship with yourself, where you trust your own judgment and feel comfortable in your own skin. It’s about recognizing your strengths and being kind to yourself, even when things don’t go perfectly.
It is natural and common to have moments when our confidence is waning and struggle to maintain a positive self-image. But, if this becomes a persistent issue, it can negatively affect our mental wellness and impact our everyday activities.
Self-esteem is essentially the perception we hold about ourselves.
What Having Low Self Esteem Feels Like
- You think and feel negative things about yourself
- Overly critical of yourself
- Joking about yourself in negative ways
- Focusing on your negatives while ignoring positives and achievements
- Blaming yourself when things go wrong
- Thinking other people are better than you
- Constantly under-evaluating yourself compared to others
- Thinking you are not worthy or good enough
- Negative self talk
- Self-doubts and poor self-image
- Struggle to build healthy relationships
Did you know?
At Get Reconnected Psychotherapy Services, we offer the following approaches in targeting low self esteem symptoms:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBI)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
Self-Esteem Therapy Plans at Get Reconnected Psychotherapy Services
We personalize our services to suit you. Together, we will develop a plan that works specifically for you.
We can help by:
- Identifying when the negative self-talk began
- Identify the negative thoughts and beliefs you may have about yourself
- Challenge the negative and unhelpful thinking patterns
- Develop self-compassion
- Set realistic goals for yourself
Discover the Health Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation What are the health benefits of mindfulness and how can it help us? Introduction Ever feel like your